Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hiking in the mountains, the battle of leech

"Leech, Leech! impossible.

Your English is so good, why would not know the word? "hiking guide stared his already has a lot of smoke grey eyes, a weird looking at me.

I watched him, shook his head, eyes probably is ignorance.

“L-E-E-C-H。

You really do not know? "

I tried to think of, then shook his head.

Looking at his eyes more than suffering of innocent, really do not know if he said it so what terror.

It is in the mountains of Nepal boccara.

However, if I am in the morning not knowing the meaning of the word, the day after a rain at noon, after years in my life I never forget the words.

Leech composition should be a tactile a sucker, at the end of the first pass when tactile, when the body can be up to twice as long to accurately place first touch took up her body arched bent in the air, and then plug the other end fast forward to prostrate, very unique.

No, end suction on the ground, small head in the air is soft and strong swings around to sniff. Its smell is definitely unusual, I deliberately selected the way one looks clean place to stop for a moment, I saw that a few leech courageously to wriggle from Quartet, I put the feet move, they suddenly have no sense of direction to head in the air, the confused.

Midday meals and small village in the mountains at a storm, the guide said that this mountain is best, he opened the road map, means to us that as originally planned to go is back Sun, all the way to leech must, with his hands up ten fingers slightly bent to creep, "all over the floor, and have no control.

"If we move toward the other side of the Sun, while the scenery is less, but the leech and we will be in almost the same time to reach the accommodation to tonight.

Then I still don't understand what he said leech, but along the way, trust this guide.

I said okay, you look good.

Go soon, a guide to our check socks, I opened a SOCKS vents, a meat is dark things it is attached to my ankles, repress a scream, desperately throw feet, the guide said that this useless, he came, open it by hand twist, gently outside a bomb.

Blood out in foot, no pain, but a little effort, white socks on leaching full red blood.

See, leech is schistosomiasis, or ...

Yes, it should be called ... Leeches.

The guide said that this Hill, v, VI, VII, August monsoon period, is a great opportunity of leeches, a different month to this mountain, does not meet any of them.

Solar apparition, haven't completely dry the road, so this afternoon, is doomed and leeches struggle of the afternoon.

Wet has fallen leaves of the ground, there are countless long because of the rain and the joy of leeches, they are ready, stay at the roadside, just waiting for you at the foot of a hit, they will quickly down your shoes on, and then you walk, they in your shoe soles, step by step forward, drill into your socks, drill into your trouser, unknowingly, sucking your blood ...

Behind him came a scream, I looked back and saw two beauty face faded Western woman in the ground ...

I have no way to properly forward.

Each step down before you have to be carefully observed that the grass would not dare, dry stone would jump at the stone. This guide gave me a I panic offer.

"Your waterproof trousers can read shorts? you might as well wear shorts.

"Ah?!?!" this is not a joke, "that's not even there is no protection?"

"But this protection is provided to the leeches.

They would like to have the protection of the drill. Look now the Sun is out, they fear, fear dry Yang ... "

I had to do with a grain of salt.

The Guide seems to be right.

The exposed portion of the leeches really have no interest in. I want to defend or shoes and socks.

Although the leeches or does not give up the ground last water good time, my feet have come out a lot of experience.

I even can help guide his shoes of leeches, found a, down, hate cannot be mutilated million. You can tour, to take revenge, stomp your feet is not killed them, the only way is to use fire ...

On the way met several crossing the village, is wearing the slippers in the mountain.

Mountains meet, they all stopped to talk to our tour chat with local dialect. They stop, I saw several only leeches happily lie in the women's feet, I cried, "Leech! Leech!" the woman bent, twisted up a hand gently to a bomb. "There!" exclaimed, I bow to the glimpse of a woman, I laughed, and continue her chat, no longer ignoring my my ...

And I, from the beginning of the discovery of drilling socks, the loss to leeches and last seen attached to the foot of leeches, like leisurely tour that hand gently pop open during this period had left more than three hours of leeches.

Finally reached a vast open land, and the sun shines in a tropical style, our four-person, never seems to have been so feel the sunshine of precious, also no longer shut out the Sun's exposure, find a place to sit down, take off shoes, look for the last hidden leeches, at that time, the mood was like in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment